i’ve really got my fingers crossed the new macbook air is going to be cheap. my imac g5 is lovely, but that fact it gets itself into a tizzy if i try to play a youtube video is really rather off-putting. as i’ve already said in a previous post os x 10.7 is going to be my almost valid reason for an upgrade, and i think the new macbook air is going to be my best bet.
starting college next year i’m wanting something portable, and the macbook air is one up on that; it’s REALLY portable. it can run windows, for my moments of insanity when i want to run windows - though, ‘want’ isn’t the word, it’s usually ‘need’, for compatibility and such using microsoft office, though that will hopefully be solved with office for mac 2011, which i sadly can not run on my imac g5! also, i don’t need masses of memory, i’m not a heavy user, 80% of the time it’s just the internet, music, tweetie, windows live and sparrow! the other 20% is when on occasion i have a project and need to use iwork, ilife or photoshop or indesign. my only other request is a built in cd drive, i don’t think i could put up with carrying a superdrive with me, sadly it’s really quite unclear about weather the macbook air will be getting a cd drive or not. if you have a better insight into that please let me know and tell me more! as thats what is shrouding the idea of getting a macbook air with doubt for me!
so, i hope you can see why i’m hoping beyond hope it will be very, very cheap, it would be a mac which would fulfill all of my needs, portability, function, and hopefully price. i would buy a mac mini, but what alludes me is that if i would have to buy an apple display as well, and that would actually result in it being bloody expensive! that and its not exactly portable unless you have a display (and preferably a keyboard and mouse, i wouldn’t like to carry them around as well) where ever you’re going!
but yeah, i just wanted to have a short (i know, i’m funny aren’t i?) rant about that. $800 would be ideal! although i know that is NEVER going to happen, though i would happily pay $1000, if it’s any higher than that, i think apple have lost out on a large target market: people who need a cheap, and more importantly, portable, apple device. don’t anyone dare say the ipad is a cheap portable apple device, that doesn’t count! if it’s anything greater than $1000, i think i might just wait a little longer and get a low-end macbook. huwbert out.